The Wine Shop and Tasting Bar are open Seasonally offering a tasting of several wines. The shop offers a selection of wonderful wines and gifts – from local chocolates to locally sourced artwork.
Public wine tours are back for the summer! Monday and Wednesday at 1pm and 4pm. Sunday at 1pm. Join us for an educational experience that will take you through the orchard, cellar, tank room, and the wine shop. Private tours for groups of 10 or more may be booked. Please call the winery for details.
Pack a picnic basket, purchase your favourite bottle of Northern Lights wine and enjoy a relaxing afternoon on our beautiful patio, located just off the picturesque and serene river bank.
Purchase a bottle of your favorite Northern Lights Wine straight from the source. The Wine Shop is open daily. We also have a selection of our wines available in our online store.
Northern Lights Estate Winery (NLEW) started construction in 2013 with the Winery scheduled to open in early summer of 2015. In only two years the land was logged and crops planted. In 2015 we built the winery that houses the bottling area, the wine fermentation area and the wine tasting and retail area. We will continue to develop the land, expanding the growing area and enhancing the beauty of the amphitheater.
What is there to do on a drop in basis?
- Visit our Wine Shop – purchase wine, gifts or chocolates. You can even purchase the locally designed art on display in the Tasting Room.
- Relax in the Picnic Area – purchase some wine, pack a picnic basket and enjoy the afternoon on our patio. (small bites such as cheese and crackers and small sandwiches may be available in the near future)
- Take a stroll through the orchard and winery
- Attend a wine tour – they are regularly scheduled for Thursdays and Sundays at 1pm.
When is the best time to come visit the winery for a tasting?
We would love to share our passion with you!
The Tasting Bar and Wine Shop are open seasonally. Check the hours at the bottom of this page. Sample up to four wines from our current selection, browse through the live gallery in the Tasting Room of locally sourced artwork or purchase a bottle of your favourite wine to take home.
Our expert staff can offer great pairing advice for your wine.
How can I book a wine tour?
Share your experience around the winery with your group of friends, family, employees, coworkers or teammates.
For groups over 10 – Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly at (250) 564-1112.
The tour and educational experience of the orchard, cellar, tank room, and the wine shop. $10 person.
Where can I buy Northern Lights Estate Winery Wine?
Right now, you can only purchase NLEW wines at the winery. To purchase individual bottles, come to the wine shop.
Select local restaurants will be the first to carry the wines.
- Cimo’s Mediterranean Grill
- Hummous Brothers
- Nancy O’s
- Twisted Cork
- White Goose Bistro
- North 54
- The Paneatery
- Prince George Civic Center
- Hart Community Center
- Carmel Inn Restaurant
Can I have my wedding or private funciton at the winery?
We are happy to offer outdoor venues for weddings and private functions.
For Ceremonies we offer 2 outdoor wedding venues:
- the Amphitheater – seats up to 250
- the Picnic Area with Wedding Gazebo- max 100 people
- Reception Area – can fit 3-30×30 tent. Please note there are no chairs on site.
- The Picnic Area on the river bank perfect for a standup reception- max 100 people
Dates: June – September
Can I book the Wine Shop/Tasting Room?
We are happy to offer the Wine Shop as a venue for casual receptions. The sales counter remains open to the public during our regular hours.
Please contact our experienced staff to discuss your event details and determine availability.
745 Prince George Pulpmill Rd
Prince George, BC V2K 5P4